If you want to be good at photography, then ultimately, you need to be a good artist; however, you have to get through the technical before you can get to the artistic.
This workshop is designed to get you through the technical.
NO SPACES AVAILABLE For August-
NEXT OFFERING TBD – email [email protected] to be notified of the next date
10% discount promo code: GTTT10 for the next 5 people who register and enter the PROMO code.
Whether you’ve just purchased a new digital camera or are a seasoned photographer ready for a refresher course, this workshop will give you the skills and inspiration to take your work to new heights. The topic covered in detail include:
- Suggested Camera Settings
- Exposure in Depth, Using the Histogram
- Shutter Speeds
- Shooting, Metering & Focus Modes
- Composition – beyond the Rule of Thirds
- Elements of Design for Photographers
Is this workshop for you?
You want to take better photos, right?
If terms like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and the exposure triangle aren’t familiar – then this course is perfect for you.
Whether you have a DSLR, mirrorless, bridge, point and shoot, or even just a smartphone, you should learn these main settings and rules that professional photographers use.
Do you understand how your camera actually works?
After taking this course, you’ll know:
- Aperture – Adjusting your f-stop, and what this does creatively to your photo
- Shutter Speed – How to prevent a common beginner mistake with this setting
- ISO – Preventing photos with digital noise and grain
- Exposure – How to use aperture, shutter speed, ISO, lights, and filters to take well-exposed photos
- Composition – Basic rules to follow… and when to break them
- White Balance – Make sure your photo’s colors look natural
- Photo Quality & File Types – Best scenarios to use different file types
From the instructor: Dr. Carol Fox Henrichs
If you are still not sure you will get your money’s worth from spending a day, a Saturday at that, learning more about your camera, then let me help you decide. I will give you honest feedback. Really. As a seasoned photographer with many years of college teaching experience, I have a passion for helping others understand how to use the technology tools available to them. I want you to be satisfied with your workshop choices. Call me at 361-596-3611 or email [email protected] if you have questions or need more information to help you decide.
When: May 5, 2018, 9:30am – 3:30pm
Where: Millican Reserve,
$75 (Sales Tax Included) Strictly limited to 15 participants
$135 Bring a Friend rate (sales tax included) available until June 30, 2018
NO SPACES AVAILABLE
Contact me at [email protected] to be added to the wait list for the next course.